P-CCS High School and Middle School Student-Athletes:
On March 19, 2021 Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) issued an updated Gatherings and Face Mask order that requires athletes ages 13 to 19 to participate in a COVID testing program as specified by the MDHHS Interim Guidance for Athletics. This would include P-CCS high school and middle school student-athletes.
Student-athletes who have recovered from confirmed COVID-19 in the past three months and remain symptom-free may participate in athletics without testing if they can provide a letter from their doctor attesting that they fall into this category (the individual must have had a positive diagnostic test within three months. An antibody test is not sufficient).
- Student Athletes who have been vaccinated are not exempt from participation in the testing process.
- Even if identified close contacts test negative they are still required to quarantine until their expiration of their quarantine period.
P-CCS has partnered with RapidBio, a Plymouth-based testing company to perform the required weekly testing to meet this MDHHS requirement.
- RapidBio will perform a non-invasive lower nasal swab PCR test. Additional information can be found here.
- A testing site will be set up at Canton High School Phase 3 on the following days and times, starting on Saturday, April 10:
- Saturday, April 10: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (This Saturday ONLY)
- Sunday, April 11: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (This Sunday ONLY)
- Mondays through Fridays, starting on April 12: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturdays, starting on April 16: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Student-athletes must pre-register for testing at Canton HS using the following links master link provided by RapidBio: https://patients.rapidbio.com/teams/
- Once registered, each participant will receive a registration text, as well as a text when results are complete.
- Each participant will need to register for each visit, and RapidBio has no way to change schedules. The most important thing for those who have registered is to arrive when the site is open and bring your RPB Number, which is the sample ID tied to each registration.
- Student-athletes also have the option to test with RapidBio at High Velocity Sports in Canton as well as USA Hockey Arena in Plymouth, and can register for these sites here.
- Coaches are not required to test at this time but may do so by registering here.
The health and safety of our students remains the number one priority of Plymouth-Canton Community Schools. Any questions or concerns relating to the testing requirements or process can be sent to:
- High School: Your school’s Assistant Principal for Activities and Athletics (APAA).
- Middle School:
Thanks for your continued support of our student-athletes. We are P-CCS Strong!