Canton Football 2020
To those intrested in joining Canton Football, please fill out our player informational form.
Summer Workout Sign-up: Student-Athlete COVID Screening Form. Please wait until 8pm the night before to sign up. Canton Football will be working out M-F 8-9:30am at Phase 3(Grass Football Practice Field on Joy and Canton Center rd). You must fill out the COVID screening form to be allowed to work out.
Canton Football Frequently Asked Questions
- How do we register for football?
– To officially sign-up for football at Canton High School, follow this link to Canton
Athletic Department Registration – https://cantonathletics.com/2020/04/18/2019-2020-athlete-registration-new-arbiter-athlete-system/
- When are Football Workouts?
M-F 8-9:30am at Phase 3. This workout schedule will be updated on 6/29 as we get more guidance on summer covid restrictions.
- Do I need a physical for the season?
– Due to Covid-19 the MHSAA has waived physicals for the 2020 season if you
had one on file(played a sport at Canton or a PCCS MIddle School) during the 2019-20 season. You will need to fill out the MHSAA Sports Health Questionnaire .
– If you did not have a physical on file, or access to your physical, you will need to
get a new physical BEFORE equipment on August 3rd. DO THIS
ASAP to avoid any delays! New Physical Form found at the link below
- When is Equipment Handout?
August 3rd at Phase 3. Varsity 5pm, JV 5:30, Freshmen 6pm
- Do we need to pay to play?
– Yes, this is the reality of High School sports in 2020. For information on who
needs to pay and why, follow this link- PCCS Pay to Play Information
– Follow this link to Pay to Play
- What do I need to purchase for my child?
– As of now the only mandatory item you will need to purchase is cleats.
Your child will be given all other needed equipment. Canton football wears
black cleats, we have Nike uniforms but the brand and style is not
mandatory. I only ask that the cleats be black to match our black socks.
- Where do we practice and where are the locker rooms?
– We practice between Salem and Canton High School, on the corner of Joy
Rd and Canton Center, outside of the Canton North Building, which we
call Phase 3. Canton North(Phase 3) is the Canton High School athletic
building. Our locker room, gym, weight room, and offices are in this
building. To drop off or pick up your child, please do so in the circular drive
of the Canton North Building(Phase 3).
- What if I can’t make a summer date or we have a family vacation scheduled over
– Our summer program is not mandatory, only highly recommended. Yes, you
should go on your family trip in the summer without fear of missing football.
Come August 10th, the season officially starts and attendance becomes required.
Always communicate with your coach if you know you will be absent for a long
period of time. Coaches understand you have days in the summer where you
have pre-scheduled events (even coaches go on vacation).
10. Will there be an informational meeting before the season?
Yes, this meeting will take place when it is safe to do so based on the state guidelines. Make sure you fill out the sign-up form at the top of thid page to be notified about this meeting.
- What do I do next?
– Facebook – Canton Chiefs Football
– Twitter – @FootballCanton
– Instagram – @CantonChiefsFootball
– Stay active. Stay working out.
– Keep up to date with our Sunday email sent weekly
– Check cantonathletics.com for football updates
– If you have any immediate questions email Coach LaFata at email@example.com
– Stay patient for new information. Communication will be sent as soon it’s available.