See the link below for details about applying for this years MHSAA Scholar-Athlete Award. Applications are due to Mr. Crump’s office by November 28th, 2016.
Four Eligibility Requirements for Entering the Scholar-Athlete Award Contest:
1. Enrollment – Student must be enrolled and participating in interscholastic athletics at an MHSAA member school.
2. Senior Status – Student must be a senior graduating during the 2016-17 school year.
3. Varsity Letter – Student must have prior to senior year won a varsity letter in a sport in which the MHSAA sponsors a post-season tournament. The list of sponsored sports include: baseball, boys and girls basketball, boys and girls bowling, girls competitive cheer, boys and girls cross country, football, boys and girls golf, girls gymnastics, ice hockey, boys and girls lacrosse, boys and girls soccer, softball, boys and girls skiing, boys and girls swimming and diving, boys and girls tennis, boys and girls track and field, girls volleyball, and wrestling.
4. 3.50 GPA – Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. You may not round up a 3.4x grade point average for the purposes of qualifying.
Scholar-Athlete Award Timeline
- Students can fill out applications NOW by downloading the application from the MHSAA Web site.
- Schools administrators can start filling out the online School Applicant List in mid-October.
- Many schools set an internal deadline identical to the November date listed on the application. Check with the school administrator to verify when they need your application packet.
- Applications are due to the MHSAA by December 2, at 4:00 p.m.
- Judges will convene at the MHSAA in early February to select the 32 scholarship winners.
- Winners will be notified of their status by mid-February.
- Throughout February, the names of winners will be released to the public and media via the MHSAA Web site.
- Winners will be recognized at halftime of the Class C Boys Basketball Finals.